While I was MIA, there were some very kind and sweet bloggers that have sent me love packages and contest prizes. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of everything, but I'm very thankful for all the sweet thoughts. <3
I've been obsessed with nail polish lately, so I've hauled and been gifted quite a few new polishes to add to my collection =D
Bottom - L-R
- Essie - A Cut Above
- Essie - Topless & Barefoot
- Essie - Sand Tropez
- Essie - Turquoise & Caicos
- Essie - Portein Base Coat
If you've been following me on twitter, I've mentioned how awesome these essence nail polishes are. Will try to do a review soon!!! I purchased 5 of the ones shown above the metallic grey one was from Mara, been obsessed ever since I tried it.
- (gifted) essence - Date With the Night
- essence - Black is Back
- essence - Where is the Party?
- essence - Walk of Fame
- essence - Nude It!
- essence - Modern Romance
- The New Black - Runway Collection (from Michael)
everything else was from an awesome person I'm somehow related to =D
- Shu Uemura - C111
- OPI - Black Shatter
- China Glaze - Crackle - Platinum Pieces
- China Glaze - Magnetix - Attraction
I know I've been saying I'll update more... blah blah blah... I don't know if I actually will... but I'll definitely try harder!!! I still have a few surprises in the mail that I need to post. Until my next post... BYE~~~
p.s let me know if you want swatches of anything!!! I'll either make a post or a tweet!!
p.ss I've also joined Julep Maven, so there's actually more polishes...haha but that will be in another post~
I LOVE watching dramas on this site, it's good quality and there's english subtitles. They also have licensing rights from the companies so you don't have to worry about watching a drama half way then having it removed because of copyrights. It’s the only place I stream dramas now!
Network: SBS - 2012
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Type: Korean Drama
Micky Yoo Chun as Lee Gak/ Yong Tae Yong
Han Ji Min as Park Ha
Lee Tae Sung as Yong Tae Moo
Jung Yoo Mi as Hong Se Na
They did a really good job casting the main characters, but the main supporting ones... I’m iffy about. That’s actors Lee Tae Sung and Jung Yoo Mi. To be completely fair Lee Tae Sung annoyed me in Playful Kiss, his character and over exaggerated accent was painful to watch, so I had a little bit of prejudice towards him. Even in this drama, his character and acting was over-dramatic most of the time, especially in the last couple scenes -sigh- As for Yoo Mi, meh.
I was blown away by Yoo Chun’s acting since the first episode. I kinda expected it to be good, since I heard good things, and he had main roles drama after drama. But I was still worried he might be like Teacyeon from 2PM who also had a few roles one after another, but his acting is kinda cringe worthy at times. The actors that played Yoo Chun’s servants from the Joseon era were also worth mentioning, they played their roles beautifully.
I like the plot as a whole, but when it’s broken down some parts/ scenes don’t really make sense. For example Park Ha’s friends that live a floor below hers, when the drama started it seemed like they would be a constant in her/ their lives...but all of the sudden they’re never heard from again. It’s minor things like this that takes away from the plot, ironically you don’t notice this when watching, only after it’s done.
Summary from DramaFever
“A prince from the Joseon era (Micky Yoochun) travels to present-day Seoul with a special team he put together (Lee Min Ho, Jung Suk Won, and Choi Woo Shik) in order to solve the mysterious death of the woman he loved (Jung Yoo Mi). To his surprise, when he arrives, he meets a woman that looks exactly like her. However, it's not only the princess who has a modern-day doppelganger, but everyone including the prince himself.”
There’s not much to say... other then it worked. Nothing major worth mentioning or complaints.
Cry Meter: 3/5
I didn’t cry a lot in this drama, there were a couple scenes but it wasn’t like I bawled my eyes out or anything. Like some scenes I was totally on board with the characters, but for the most part my emotions weren’t completely attached.
Overall, I really enjoyed this drama, a lot of times I get bored in the middle but this was very interesting and I had no problem watching it immediately after each update. I feel like I could have been attached to this drama emotionally if not for Lee Tae Sung’s acting haha, it sounds bad but true. I hope he gets less annoying roles in the future, and tones down his acting so I can see him in a new light.
Recommend: Yes, I do recommend it, it’s definitely worth watching. Don’t let my Lee Tae Sung rants prevent you from watching, it’s a good drama really.
update: Sorry for being MIA so long, I will try to update more often. Expect more drama reviews coming up, I've been so addicted lately because I found a drama buddy to spaz with. Don't worry there will also be beauty reviews/ posts here and there.
Hi everyone!!!! my poor blog has been neglected for 2 months ='[ the long version of why is on my MIA post, short version is collection, sleep, lazy, friends, priorities blah blah blah. Anyways this is a random unedited update post...
now in no specific order... my updates:
- passed my 5th semester and got a 4.0 *squealllll* but my overall GPA is still 3.9 because I stink at my gen-eds =[
- will still be extremely busy, forgot I had some co-op hours to finish, might have to quit my job to finish them
- dyed my hair 5 days ago, Liese Marshmallow Brown aka bubbi color lol even though she has a diff color now, you can read my review for the dye here, but it's for a different color - Chiffon Beige
- i finally caved and purchased "full size" Lush Aqua Marina and King of Skin
- i know I promised a giveaway this past year 2011 but I had an unplanned HK trip and that took things for a spin...
- i have starting taking pics for my faves of 2011 and unlike the fail version of 2010 I will try to do a mini review under each product because I didn't end up reviewing ANY of my 2010 faves... smh...
- confession... this winter holiday I COULD have updated... but (insert all the reasons/ excuses) didn't and I'm sorry
- collection collection collection... no pics yet... haven't made anything yet... all planning and approvals etc...
okay i think this is it... it's all I can come up with atm... alrighty... I hope to update before next weekend with my New Years Resolution... and yah... sorry for this half ass post