Followers

August 21, 2011

DRAMA REVIEW: The Greatest Love

Drama: The Greatest Love

No. of Episodes: 16

Watch On: DRAMA FEVER

I LOVE watching dramas on this site, it's good quality and there's english subtitles. They have licensing rights from the companies so you don't have to worry about watching a drama half way then having it removed because of copyrights. I've tried watching dramas from their website while in Hong Kong (didn't work) a screen pop ups saying it's only available to those in Canada & States at the moment. 

Network: MBC - 2011

Genre: Romantic Comedy

Type: Korean Drama

 CAST: 5/5
Gong Hyo Jin as Goo Ae Jung (beige dress)
Cha Seung Won as Dok Go Jin/ Dokko Jin (super sexy man in the chair)
Yoo In Na as Kang Se Ri (pink dress)
Yoon Kye Sang as Yoon Pil Joo (glasses)

Everyone fit their roles perfectly, even the supporting characters. Though I had to admit Goo Ae Jung's brother Goo Ae Wan played by Jung Joon Ha, pissed me off a lot of times... but that was his character... so good acting? lol I also really liked the celebrities they chose to cameo. I love it when I can recognize a celeb cameo in dramas and there were quite a few i.e Brian Joo && Lee Seung Gi =D

Plot: 4/5
When I first read the summary/ plot... it's initial appeal was not very good. As I recognized some of the actors/ actresses, my interest piqued and lead me to watch the drama. The biggest push was Cha Seung Won and Yoo In Na. I've adored Yoo In Na since Heros (so darn hard to find subs ><), she's so cute and funny. The roles she's played so far (High Kick Through the Roof & Secret Garden)  are just really lovable, and when I saw that she was playing a mean role in this drama, it piqued my interest. And of course seeing a SUPER sexy photo shoot of Cha Seung Won on allkpop helped. 

*droooooooooooool*


Summary from DramaFever
"Goo Ae Jung (Gong Hyo Jin) is a former girl group member whose popularity has waned despite her sweet personality. Dokko Jin (Cha Seung Won) is the top action star in Korea who privately has an arrogant side. When Goo Ae Jung enters a variety show that fakes marriages between celebrities and "normal people," she gets entangled in a love square with her ex-bandmate Kang Se Ri, Dokko Jin, and adorable Eastern medicine doctor Yoon Pil Joo. From the famed Hong Sisters of You're Beautiful and My Girlfriend is a Gumiho comes this hit romantic comedy about true love in the fake world of entertainment."

Fashion: 4/5
Over-all everyone in the drama had a good style that fit their character, or body. Some of the outfits the lead, Goo Ae Jung wore was quite questionable and I don't understand the constant need to put bright red lips on her. Her style was the least consistent, for the other characters their "work" clothes versus "home" clothes were different, but still had a particular style/ theme it falls under. Whereas Goo Ae Jung was really random, and the outfits didn't flow even if it looked good on her. I guess you can argue her character had a tight budget so she wore whatever was given to her, but still there should be some consistency... imo.

Cry Meter: 5/5 
Good amount of tears to match the laughter for a romantic comedy, my heart broke a couple times for some of the characters =D This is a lame little requirement for a romantic comedy review, but it works really well for me. I cry fairly easily when watching dramas/ movies, so if a romantic comedy can't make me make me cry and laugh, it's no good in my book. 

My Thoughts:
I LOVE THIS DRAMA <3 Other then the low initial appeal and the occasional fashion cringe, it was absolutely wonderful!!! It was a good length, made me laugh, cry, drool, and yell at my computer. I have admit if I were watching it weekly as it was coming out, the appeal would have dropped a notch, because some of the episode endings didn't leave me wanting more. 

Overall: 4.5/5

Recommend: Yes, good plot, hot actors, pretty actresses, wonderful romantic comedy!!!




THE END!!!





8 comments:

  1. hehehehe i finished watching this awhile ago. Cha Seung Won is the shit!!! i love him in comedy, he's so freakin funny, it kills me. & i totally squealed during the Brian & Lee Seung Gi cameos teehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh i'll have to check this out next.. i'm watching "the woman who still want to marry" right now.. and i'm on my last two epsidoes and was searching for a new one to watch hahahha!! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. i stopped watching it xD because i didn't like the guy.. main actor lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the drama review. I'm using Drama Fever now thanks to your suggestion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your bloog is very cool¡¡¡ kisses From Mexico :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review, I might watch it when I have time ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh thanks for the recommendation I will def watch!!!

    ReplyDelete