Followers

May 6, 2011

Advance Screening: Something Borrowed - review && experience


Last night (wed) I went to see the advance screening of Something Borrowed, thanks to the ravishing *wink* Lisamarie of BeautyCrazed!!! She got to interview one of the actors, Colin Egglesfield the next day!!! (read here

Beauty Crazed is a blog that introduces the latest releases from high end to drug store brands. Although I love how it keeps me updated on all the newest products, my favorite posts of the blog is whenever Lisamarie is more personal. (does that make sense? lol) I find her very funny and the post (linked above) is a lovely example of her being both informative and humorous =]   

full ticket, that was to be exchanged at the box office for 2 admittance tickets =] 

(I forgot to take a picture of the other side -_-', but it was the Warner Brothers logo and security warnings)

Close up

&& yes one of the main actors Colin Egglesfield, who played Dex in the film came to the screening!!! but I wish John Krasinski came instead =p hehe <3 him 

I've never gone to an advance screening before, so I was kinda confused as to what it was. At first I thought it was just seeing the movie before it officially premieres, (for those that don't want to hear me ramble on how stupid I was, that's exactly what it is lol) but then I read that the lead actor was going to show up and the crazy security rules. So my imagination took a turn, and I was thinking maybe we have dress up a little, for a moment I thought about cocktail wear. But it was at a regular movie theatre so I wore an outfit that was a little more casual. Then the whole security warning they had on the ticket, it sounded so intense, like I was gonna get strip searched and stuff. But none of that happened, they just made sure we had the correct tickets, and there were people monitoring us while we were watching the film. 

Tip: If you're invited to an advance screening, start lining up 45mins - 1hr before the movie starts ^^

After the movie, Colin shows up again to answer a few questions.
Pictures with fans outside the theatre



Overall, it was a very nice experience, and I learned that an advance screening is just seeing the movie earlier lol and nothing crazy. The movie itself was quite enjoyable, very funny, it was almost the perfect chick flick, except I didn't cry. There were scenes where I had tears welled up ready to fall, but the scene changed so quickly they didn't get to. I do recommend seeing this movie, the trailer doesn't do it justice and if you decide to watch it, I hope you like it as much as I did!!! 




THE END!!!


7 comments:

  1. I'm going to watch this tomorrow and I can't wait!! I love ginnifer Goodwin and the guy from the office hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg me too!!! i would have been much more excited if john came =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited! I can't wait to see this movie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you're so lucky to get invited with advance screening, sounds like an exciting experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo i thought the same! i thought advance screening was just seeing it before everyone else does. haha! i've been invited to several of those and i've turned them down for that reason - thinking it was nothing "special". Anyway! I've been wanting to see that movie!!! Our theaters here have a promo where if you watch the movie wearing a bridesmaids dress, you get vouchers for another free movie. hehe!

    P.S - finally another blog post! i've been waiting :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Advanced screening=ultra cool. Oh my god, the trailer was so good! I can't imagine how much better it's actually going to be.

    Even more "omg", Colin made an appearance? Swooning! You know what I find funny, my friend mentioned that he looked semi Tom Cruise; I think Rachel looks semi Maggie G (from Stranger than Fiction).

    xo.
    f ashioncont a gious

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I want to see that movie already :D

    ReplyDelete